Sunday, August 28, 2011

sunflowers and God

I have been waiting for weeks to be able to share our sunflowers with you. They are really tall and beautiful. The bees have been enjoying them as well. I was thinking about how amazing these are, and how they come from  such a small seed. Within a few months they are 10 to 12 feet tall!

That got me thinking about intelligent design. How else could these have been made? A big bang? Seriously!? Scientists want me to believe that a big bang created these amazing flowers that grow from a tiny seed into these HUGE majestic flowers, and then it all happens again when the seeds fall. From a huge explosion in the universe. Just happening to make these and everything else that grows. Nope, can't believe it.

God is amazing! He created these. He created all things that grow. He created humans and animals, all the systems in our bodies working together. Some people may think Christians are dumb to believe in God, but how can you NOT? These beautiful and wonderful things could only have been deliberately and intelligently designed by the God of the universe.

Anyway, Tanner planted these. Here is his proud self.

And I'm pretty sure that God has a sense of humor, because all of these sunflowers are pointed directly away from our house. Only the neighbors can actually see them in bloom over the fence. Or perhaps we should have researched and found out that sunflowers only face east, where the sun rises. Our gift to you, neighbors. Enjoy.

As you can see our garden has really grown!

Here is Max with the pumpkins he planted with Sharon. He picked them out. They are literally called "Big Max" pumpkins. He is the gardener of our family. He loves planting, watching things grow, and harvesting.

Lastly, I leave you with the cutest little watermelons. They are about the size of Tanner's fist. LOVE it!!!

Love, me

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Wonderful post!!!!!!

I mean, I LOVE IT!!!

(And I love your comment on my blog just tonight!! ... Thanks!)