Thursday, July 28, 2011

technology is dumb!

OK, I really mean technology is expensive! And it makes me mad. I guess I can't think it is dumb at the same time I'm writing a BLOG!

I finally got a full time job again, starting in September (that's a whole 'nother blog post). Danny has wanted an iphone ever since they came out. A lot! And we could never afford it, but now, I guess we can. So.... we'll be getting iphones in the near future. We're calling it our 12 year anniversary present. But, just between you and me, it is more a present for Danny. I know, I know, I'll love it too. Facetime, apps, blah blah blah. But, those suckers are gonna be like $400. And then like, $200 a month for service.

And don't even get me started on our internet! Seriously, almost $50 a month for internet. And it is fast, but not THAT fast.

Also, apparently we need to have a back-up for our computers, in case they all die. Which, I'm told could be as much as $500. Seriously?!?!!!

So, there goes like $1000 all at once.

It just kind of burns my butt, you know. I don't like seeing all that money go away. No wonder people can't afford things right now. Sheesh.

I was really crabby about all of this yesterday.

And I am thankful for the opportunity to make more money and be secure. However, I know that we can't spend like this every month, or we'll be having problems.

*sigh*

Rant done.

Have a great day!

Love, me.

No comments: