Thursday, July 7, 2011

simple summer pleasures - part 1


My Backyard!




I really like our backyard. It was a definite plus when considering buying our house. This year, we put in a small raised bed garden. We have pumpkin plants (3), watermelon (2), peas, carrots, and the tall things are sunflowers. We also have cucumber plants that are looking kind of sad. I hope they make it; M and I loved eating cucumbers last year. Check out the scarecrow. I had to turn him around because he usually is facing the other way, pouting like a sassy teenager.



We have the super prolific tomato plant in a pot on our deck. That thing looks awesome. Can't wait for all the fresh tomatoes.


OK, I may be strange, but I really like hanging clothes on the line. Usually the kids are playing on the swing set and it is so peaceful just listening to them play while I hang the clothes in the sunshine. Such a simple thing, but I like it.


Speaking of the swing set, M asked me to push him on the swing. I first said, no, sorry, I am busily making freezer jam. Then, I was like, nope. How much longer will he ask for this? As you can see, he slowed down a lot while I was taking pictures, despite my fabulous "under-duck" skills. T on the other hand, looks like he's going to wrap all the way around the top!


Love those boys. Love the backyard for us to hang in.

Love, me

3 comments:

Jana said...

LOVE clothes lines, gardens and swingsets in the backyard. I have all 3 myself! :)

Nancy said...

I love your blog!!
It's refreshing, delightful, and well, it makes me smile!

Glad you pushed Max on the swing. My kids are too old for that - sigh.
Ah, but life is good.
(Every stage is good.)
(Some easier than others.)

carisa said...

@Jana- yay, they are great, aren't they.

@Nancy- thanks for the nice comments! Tanner already doesn't want me to push him, and he's 7. He's definitely hit a "mom's not cool" stage.