Wednesday, June 29, 2011

homemade strawberry ice cream


Kudos to H for sharing this recipe with me! I only changed it by adding 8 or so freshly picked crushed strawberries! And it does NOT require any special machinery.

1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 Tbls Bourbon (I used one teaspoon of Whisky, as we are not Bourbon drinkers)
2 cups heavy cream
(I also added the strawberries)

In a medium bowl, stir condensed milk, vanilla, and booze (he he).
In a large bowl (my awesome electric mixer), beat cream on high until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes.
With a rubber spatula, gently fold whipped cream (and strawberries) into condensed milk mixture.
Pour into something, and freeze until firm.

This was the most delicious, creamy goodness I have ever tasted.

M really liked it, too.



1 comment:

Nancy said...

"Delicious, creamy goodness" - mmm... just the sound of that makes my mouth water.