Sunday, November 2, 2014

Done with diets!

Declaring this to no one in particular except myself.

I am DONE with diets!

I have spent the last 8 years trying to lose last of the "baby" weight. Yes, my baby is eight. Off and on, I have done SparkPeople, gone vegan (plant-based, I guess since I don't have the mindset of a true vegan), Fast Metabolism Diet, "detox," and the basics of counting calories. I've given up gluten, meat, sugar, alcohol, and dairy.

I've lost/gained up to 10 pounds on and off for the past 8 years.

I've cooked separate meals for myself.

I've not enjoyed food with my family.

I've obsessed and spent countless hours on the internet and reading books about healthy eating.

I've felt guilty eating just about everything.

I'm DONE!!

I just want to eat and enjoy living without guilt.

I want to eat with my family and go out for special treats with my family.

I want to focus on other things besides food.

Now, not going crazy here. I still am against highly processed foods. They don't hold a place in my diet, but I will eat FOOD. Good, normal food. Cream in my coffee, fruits, vegetables, good, ethically raised meats (when possible), and homemade sweet treats. Now, I'm sure the guilt over eating things I "shouldn't" eat will take a while to get over, but I am committed. I also want to be strong, so I am committed to exercising 3 times a week at the Y.

I really hope that this marks a new, free, and healthier lifestyle for me. Wish me luck.

Love, me

No comments: